Followers

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Ugly Christmas sweaters

Does anyone remember when "ugly Christmas sweaters" were all the thing? They're still out there, although mine is very, very old.
Yes, I have one of them. I don't know where it came from. My husband tries to lay claim to it, every now and then, but he's Jewish, which pretty much rules him out. (insert smiley-face here, folks)

I suspect I might have found this ugly sweater in a used-clothing store once upon a time, and bought it to wear to a friend's Christmas party.
Still, I found myself wearing the sweater today because it is beyond cold here in southeastern Alberta. It is C-O-L-D and then some. I haven't been out there, but our little dog, Bonnie-Belinda, has been enjoying two-hour morning walks with her daddy, ever since spring...right up until yesterday when she decided five or ten minutes in the back yard is plenty.

How cold is Alberta-cold? We reached the point where Celsius and Fahrenheit are both below 0, with Celsius all the way down to -30 below 0 today...a mere -20 Fahrenheit.
The sun has gone down, so it's time for me to put the sweater on again, but first I'll share this with Fiona's wonderful meme, Our World Tuesday.

                 

                             

Sled and driver
Power source


6 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I don't have one... something I ought to perhaps rectify! Mind you, it has been ridiculously mild here, by comparison. Silly weather. Hope you had yourself a merry day yesterday, Kay... now you can both look forward to a shared celebration, with 2018 coming at us like a jet plane. YAM xx

Lady Fi said...

I love ugly Christmas sweaters. My daughter and I bought one each this year at a second hand shop.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I have had a few of those Christmas sweaters. I have heard of people having parties where everyone has to come wearing one of those ugly Christmas sweaters. Sounds like fun! Our weather is very cold this week, a little bit of flurries coming down now. Stay warm and safe. I hope you and your family had a happy Christmas! Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Mara said...

I have several Christmas sweaters. And pyjamas and socks. My sister got me a Christmas sweater with lights in this year. Will have to wear it on New Year's Eve.

Yours looks to be homemade and I love the horse and carriage. Perhaps one year I might try making one myself as well.

Fun60 said...

I think we might all have one of those sweaters if we dig deep enough at the back of the drawers. Glad to hear you are making use of yours. Not sure if I could ever feel warm in those temperatures.

LA Paylor said...

Isn't the dog in Larkrise to Candleford called Bonnie Belinda?
I remember not fondly, but who could forget Edmonton's winters at minus forty and my nose freezing shut when I breathed in. Oy vey, and I don't know if I'm Jewish or not being adopted as I am. I suspect...