Followers

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Irresistible fiery skies

An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

I had a blog post all prepared for this week's Our World Tuesday, but Lady Fi's beautiful sky photos in today's e-mail reminded me that we have some lovely night skies of our own right here.

I photographed the panorama shown above while standing on the edge of the deck, wearing my bedroom slippers instead of shoes, as I waited for the dog to come in.

And then, the sky was so beautiful I just had to ignore my lack of footwear and move to the cement pad by the garage. I don't recommend wearing lightweight bedroom slippers on concrete in December, but the sky was well worth the temporary pain.



Our little town in southeastern Alberta is known as The Greenhouse Capital of the Prairie, and many of my backyard pictures, as in the photo below, show the row of greenhouses one street over, with an empty field in between. It really can't be helped sometimes. I'm shooting with a cell phone in low light, so I can't run out across the snow-patched lawn in order to eliminate unwanted structures. Just shooting blind, really. (Pun included for hunters, if any are out reading this.)


Kay Davies photos

And this last shot, below, was taken by my husband when he and the dog were out in the yard. It was getting late, and already very dark, so the photo lost some of its clarity when enlarged, but is irresistible nevertheless.
Richard Schear photo



4 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That was definitely worth the wander in yer slippers mate! Beautiful. YAM xx

Powell River Books said...

We haven't seen much sky lately. When the weatherman calls for sunny this time of year we know he/she means foggy. - Margy

Lady Fi said...

What gorgeous sky shots! Well worth the cold feet.

Sandi said...

Ah...so glorious!