Followers

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Meet my girls, they're lovely...

I've never done this before, because I'm no kind of gardener. I love my three coleus plants so much, I called them "my girls" all summer. Then I couldn't just let them die, so I brought them into the house before the first frost.
And I love them.
I have a grow-light for them, so they're still growing, and they're also doing something that looks like multiplying, or perhaps they're just saving themselves.
If I look carefully, I can see new little leaves growing out of the stems.
In the first photo I put my cell-phone-camera right in with the new leaves and enlarged them so you can see them.

 Little


Big (left) and (below) bigger.

The largest plant has green leaves with pink on the back of them. It doesn't seem to like the indoors as much as the others do.

The other two plants have green leaves with red centres.

And something else I've never done: I tried to post twice for Lady Fi's Our World Tuesday but it didn't seem to work. Or maybe it did. Second-posting isn't very polite.

5 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Coleus will start to drain of colour from too much direct light; they need brightness but not full-on ultra. The sprouting at base is absolutely normal and you can encourage more of it to bush out the girls by nipping off the tips every so often and certainly if any flower-heads show, they ought to be nipped off. I adore coleus... &*> YAM xx

Sherry Blue Sky said...

They grow like CRAZY. Have potting soil and much larger pots ready soon. LOL. My living room, years back, looked like a forest. Trust me. I know these things! Kay I am just back from a visit to Kelowna...........was so nice to be back.

Lady Fi said...

What lovely leaves!

Mara said...

I think my mother had plants like that, but they were always inside, never outside! I think so anyway.

jabblog said...

Ooh, looking good . . .