Followers

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Music with Marian at the Imaginary Garden

Apparently this didn't appear when I posted it yesterday. Thanks to Jim for the heads up. Trying again now and will link again to Real Toads.

Over at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads,
Kay Davies photo, May, 2014
Marian posted a video of the duo of Jonatha Brooke and Jennifer Kimball, who were known as The Story. The song is called So Much Mine and is written as from a mother to her daughter.

I have used some of the words from the fifth stanza of the song in my poem today, my first poem since we left for our European travels earlier this month.
It's good to be back in the Imaginary Garden, with friends such as Marian. I love to travel but I find it more and more exhausting. The Imaginary Garden is soothing to me, and good for my soul.

Accompanying my poem is a photo of what would be my front garden if I were a gardener at all, but I'm not. Our ornamental crabapple blooms faithfully every May, however, and brings me great joy.

I’m the someone who loved you so
when bluebirds sang "There's no place like home."
I’m the someone who loved you so
when bees began to haunt the blossoms
but you began to taunt me so.
What happened, love, where did you go,
taking the heart that loved me so?

Kay Davies, May, 2014

5 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

That is the big question, how someone who loves us can stop, or withdraw that love, or leave. Good one, Kay - spectacular blossoms!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Nothing more beautiful than a tree gone wild with blossoms! Your poem of love and loss is the perfect accompaniment.

Jenn Jilks said...

It is tiring to travel, Kay. I do not really like it much, but that's just me! I am so happy to be home with cats and wild animals. The duck are nesting in my new wood duck box, too! And 5 phoebe eggs!
Glad you are back to routines and we can enjoy your poetry!!!!
Luv,
Jenn

Susie Clevenger said...

Such a beautiful tree...Your poem plays my heartstrings with melancholy..nothing hurts like love that lets go.

Anonymous said...

Your poem goes so well with the photo. Both are beautiful.