Followers

Friday, April 11, 2014

Reflections in Reykjavik

Today we're joining the very talented James, of Something Sighted, for his Weekend Reflections meme.
This week, I bring you a small assortment of reflections from Reykjavik. The sculpture of the Viking ship is graceful, and the mountains in the background are gorgeous.
The large hall where performances of many kinds entertain the citizens of, and visitors to Iceland, reflects the clouds and the sun, and is beautiful itself.
However, I think like the duck best. He's an eider duck, and his mate is not far away but is busying herself with fishing. We did see her catch one, too, while he was reflecting on his somewhat wavy North Atlantic mirror. This duck, his mate, and another pair kept us laughing as we strolled the waterfront.


Photos by Richard Schear, March/April, 2014

10 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow....cool, Kay!

Susan said...

Reflections everywhere!

Mara said...

You have been back almost a month(?) and this is the first time I am looking at your stories and photos from Iceland! Shame on me!! Especially since it is so definite on my wish list of to-go-places.

Love the reflections, don't understand any of the language (even though it is old Norse, since the country was discovered and settled by Norwegian Vikings) and am very very jealous of you for having been there!

Phil Slade said...

That's a wonderful sculpture Kay, especially against the backdrop of the Icelandic mountains. Nice Eider too, but the Icelandic language looks a little difficult to learn and even more difficult to speak.

'Tsuki said...

What an impressive sculpture !!! I'm amazed !

Fun60 said...

What excellent reflections especially the way you have captured that first shot.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Stunning!!! YAM xx

Frostbite and Sunburn said...

Love that sculpture. One place I really would like to visit one day!

Electra said...

GREAT images!

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm so behind visiting. I love your photos. I've been reading a mystery novelist who is in Iceland. Darned if I can remember his name. sigh.