Followers

Monday, April 14, 2014

Nothing to say, eh?*

*Canadians are known worldwide for our use of "eh?" at the ends of sentences.

John Cage (Wikipedia)
1912-1992
Kerry introduced US composer John Cage to the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads today. He is most famous for his composition entitled 4’33, which refers to four and a half minutes of silence...silence that is anything but soundless.

He is also known for his “poem” ...
"I have nothing to say, and I am saying it, and that is poetry."


Unlike many Real Toads members, I am not participating in National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo) but I couldn't resist the idea of writing nothing about nothing today. Keep a watch on the Real Toads blog, however, my friends, because I am contributing a prompt to keep the others on their Toad-toes.

The Big Goose Egg

Aryabata
(from Wikipedia)
I also have nothing to say,
and I can say it in rhyme,
I can say it once or twice today,
or I can say it all the time.

nothing’s a nonentity,
a nobody, unknown,
and I can write it in a book
or express it in a poem.

nothing, nada, zero, zilch,
is all I have to say
because it seems I’m feeling quite
nonsensical today.


11 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Brava, Kay!

Round of applause from me for saying nothing so well.

Susie Clevenger said...

I abound with days of nonsensical...Mine don't seem to bring the smile your poem does. :)

kaykuala said...

A witty offering as it is Kay! Nothing's said but nothing's wrong! Nicely!

Hank

Ella said...

You Kay would make Dr. Seuss smile!
I love your poem and I needed to laugh and chuckle today-thank you~

Sumana Roy said...

a lovely nothing to muse on..great
.....nice lines

Anonymous said...

Ha! Very charming. Nothing comes from nothing, says King Lear. Not so, says Edward L. K.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
.................one hand clapping this side..............! YAM xx

Gail said...

Nonsensical I enjoy.

I like that you had nothing to say and yet created three stanzas of humorous nothing.

Maude Lynn said...

This is just perfect! I wish that I could nothing half so well.

Anonymous said...

golf clap :) ~

Jenn Jilks said...

You are very inspriing with your poetry! I love it!