Followers

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

T is for Tall Trees Two years ago

Winter doesn't reach the Oregon Coast as early as it reaches the Canadian prairie. And that has little to do with latitude, but more to do with the warm winds from the Pacific Ocean. 
I took this picture two years ago...well, it will be two years on Sunday...while I was visiting my friend Maryann in Oregon. The sky was blue, the trees were red, orange, yellow, and green. And it was my birthday, the birthday on which I qualified for my old person pension, so I remember.
It's so nice to look at these vibrant colours and remember I've only been legally an old person for two years. Thanks, Maryann!

Posted for the letter T at ABC Wednesday

11 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Glorious against that blue as you say!

Safely landed in UK last eveing and am with Lady Vicki and 'Aitch' till the weekend... Suffolk. Foggy, damp and chilly but not awful. Wishing you all the very best. YAM xx

Leslie: said...

Gorgeous colours...and heck you're not old - you can't be! You're only a year older than me!

Leslie
abcw team

Tammy said...

I like that: rich colors to go with rich experiences. Happy birthday, Kay!

Mara said...

Pish posh: you are not old! Happy almost birthday (just in case I forget)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So beautiful and no, you will NEVER be an old person! Not with your snappy smile! Van Isl is moderate too, tho here in the middle, down in the valley, we get a titch more winter than the rest of it.

jabblog said...

Age? Pshaw! Happy Birthday, Kay:-)

SquirrelQueen said...

Autumn on the Oregon coast is always beautiful. And no, you aren't old because we are almost the same age and I refuse to be old. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love the sort of muted colors of the trees... reminds me of here where I live in Wisconsin. Subtle beauty. Congrats on making the leap to Queen Crone, ha ha. I actually get a senior discount some places, and I'm only 57! Peace, Amy

Roger Owen Green said...

Hmmm. Swore I responded this before Thanksgiving. ANYHOO, nice trees.

Kay said...

Happy Birthday, Kay!!!

Powell River Books said...

I may become a legal old person this coming year, but I refuse to give in to it. - Margy