Followers

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Happy as a dog in summer

What you have to do, if you're out for a walk with your dad in the summer, is rest whenever you need to. Don't wait for him to decide to rest, because, if he's anything like my dad, he probably referees basketball and football, and plays tennis once or twice a week, and wins.
Then he expects me to keep up with those l-o-n-g legs of his. No way. So I just lie down, preferably in a patch of wildflowers that bring out the best highlights in my strawberry blonde hair and deep brown eyes.
And I give him the look. You know the look: the one that says, "Daddy, I love you more than anyone, even more than Mommy, and you wouldn't want to make me walk faster than is good for my health, would you?"


Posted for
Pet Pride
hosted by Lindy's friend Bozo
and his family, at their
Pets Forever blog in
Mumbai, India

Lindy says, Hi Bozo, would you like to come for a walk with me? A nice, slow walk? I'll show you the coulee, and maybe we'll see some deer. Then you won't be bored any more.

13 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

That's a good idea Lindy, rest when you are ready. We all run like the wind sometimes but when one of us gets tired we all take a nap. Those pretty wildflowers do bring out the highlights in your pretty furs.

Kitty Kisses,
Cindi Lou & The Kitty Krew

Kay said...

Glad to see you all having a great summer, Kay.

forgetmenot said...

What a great looking dog--a good walking companion, no doubt. Mickie :)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Atta gal Lindy - you got him sussed!! Please tell mum that I loved her last two post also - the one where you saw the deer with dad is amaaaazzing - you are so luck where you live to have these majestic creatures so close. Stroll serenely dear dog! YAM-aunty xxx

Mara said...

Ooh, long legs are never good. Their steps are too long and they walk too fast. I understand completely Lindy!

Gattina said...

Lindy I see you do the same as Charlie, he is even worth. When he thinks he has walked enough, he just sits down and even two or 3 women are unable to pull him ! He just sits and doesn't move until he decides to go where we didn't want to go !

jabblog said...

Very wise, Lindy - conserve your energy, particularly when it's hot.

Carola Bartz said...

I think that is EXACTLY what Lindy would say!!

Fireblossom said...

I've had a couple of dogs who needed rests during their walks as they got older. Sweet babies.

Jo said...

Ah Lindy, you look so good resting in the wild-flowers and your dad is thoughtful to stop when you need to lie down. We're also resting a lot in mum's garden these days. Purrs, Ginger, Shadow and Ambrose

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Lindy,
Io sono in vacanza con la mia mamma... Un bacio da Ching Martino :-)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

She is such a beauty!

Fran said...

She looks beautiful laying in the wildflowers. Alfie unfortunately never stops, he would run all day given half a chance xxx