Followers

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Izy's Out of Standard takes on new meaning

It was a little difficult for me to see the film clip provided as inspiration today for Isadora Gruye's Out of Standard prompt at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads. My computer's preferred browser will no longer run video (I must get my husband to show me how to change that) so I had to switch to my other browser, which will not allow me to enter IP addresses.
My computer is less than five years old, but it might as well be 65 years old, because it is Seriously Out Of Date.
So, as my out-of-date met up with Izy's out-of-standard, I had to work my old brain a little harder than usual this morning. Probably good for it.

I was eventually able to view Izy's film clip and, not being a foreign film fan of any sort*, was pleased when something (anything) of a seemingly-somewhat poetic nature came to mind.
* although I did enjoy 1994's Asterix Conquers America
Sigh.
Then I couldn't actually show you the film clip, so I have had to use a link instead (oh, it's fun to grow old along with my computer).
The clip, says Izy, is "from the film Holy Motors, directed by the ever so French and ever so brilliant Leos Carax."



Carax
Wikipedia photo
out of the ground
there arose such a nutter,
ate flowers from tombs
without bread and butter,
he went for a toddle,
interrupted a model,
caused a sensation
complete with subtitles
by Kay Davies, June 12, 2013


Scene from Holy Motors
via Wikipedia

25 comments:

Susan said...

I'm having a lengthy chuckle! Still.

Joyful said...

I tried to watch that film clip and it didn't work on my computer either. My computer is less than half the age of yours. I didn't get to see the clip(I probably have to add some plug ins) but I like your little poem. Have a wonderful rest of your week. xx

TCPC said...

oh oh my!! this was just out of the box!

Susie Clevenger said...

Kay, I love it! Goodness I went to the dark side with mine and this made me smile!

Anonymous said...

This was a shift from the reality of the film clip. Somehow it reminded me of the rhythm in The Night (not nightmare) before Christmas. :)

Fireblossom said...

Thanks for a hearty chuckle, Kay!

Hannah said...

Love the interrupted model part!! That part made me laugh in the film, too. :)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I am cackling. Nuff said! Love it!

L. Edgar Otto said...

subtitles! up from the subconscious maybe the poets here in reaching out collectively need no translation - guess this is true in the comedy or tragedy of sleep (or lack of it) as well of love, without breath until our dream disturbed by cosmic relief.

:-)

Grace said...

What a nutter he is ~ Thanks for the smiles Kay ~

Isadora Gruye said...

I for one, admire your sense of humor and not taking anything too seriously. I truly believe that was the intent of the director when he created this character. There are little pieces of humor woven into the film, and here you are broadcasting them loud and clear. Your powers of perception, and your pen are once again detecting those ultimate truths!!!! Viva la Kay

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh dear, I also had replay trubs - my i'net connection is a problem - sometimes it takes an hour just to read one blog. But that aside... what a great few lines painting a picture that was all one needed anyway!! YAMxx

Kerry O'Connor said...

This sums it all up very well.

Maude Lynn said...

I love it!

Daryl said...

excellent! and i too dislike foreign films because i cannot read subtitles AND watch the movie at the same time ...

Leslie said...

I (finally) got a new computer, after my 8 yr old model stopped doing anything except word processing. It's a shame when they keep working but are basically unusable, isn't it?

hedgewitch said...

I can so relate to the computer thing--I blame all these never-ending 'upgrades' of everything, most of which are designed to accommodate a myriad of 'aps' I don't use. Anyway, your poem definitely got a smile out of my early-morning fogginess, and I agree, there is as much satire as horror in this one.

Marian said...

omg, Kay, my favorite part about this whole post is your footnote informing us that there was ONE FOREIGN FILM you enjoyed! thanks a million, this is precious. love it.

Maggie Grace said...

Hahaha! Perfect, I love it!

Unknown said...

Haha...couldn't stop laughing Kay. M so glad I read this after writing mine. This would have really inspired the funny bone in me...Both the expressions are so different!!!

Jenn Jilks said...

You are clever! I adore your sense of humour!

Jenn Jilks said...

P.S. They say you need a new computer every 3 years to keep up with technology! :-)

Margaret said...

I know I never eat flowers wiithout bread and butter. And my goodness, he was a complete Nutter!!

Gattina said...

Congratulations to what you made out of this theme ! I never heard about this movie, although it's French. I don't know the guy either (btw he needs a hairdresser) The real good French movies are often not exported the Americans prefer to adapt them with American actors. The others are often "too French" only TV series are good. I very seldom go to the cinema !

Friko said...

Sorry, you’ve lost me. I don’t know the movie, so the prompt wouldn’t mean anything to me.

You did well, though, just to come up with something that makes perfect sense.