Followers

Friday, April 5, 2013

Reflections on vaporetto stops in Venice

Posted for
Weekend Reflections
hosted by James, the ultimate photographer of reflections

There's plenty of water for reflecting in Venice, but the canals are the city's roadways and the traffic can get quite heavy, churning up the water so that little or nothing can be reflected in it.

The windows of the many beautiful buildings, of course, provide reflections, too, and we do have a few photos of those for a later date, but my husband's favorite reflective places were vaporetto stops (which would be bus stops in any other city).

"Selfie" photos such as this one, often included me, but I managed to be hiding behind the camera in this shot.


The background often beat the reflection for beauty in Venice.

I seem to be hiding behind my scarf but, really, I had my scarf over my face to keep warm. There was snow in Venice when we arrived there February 22, and I wanted to sit inside the vaporetto. Of course, my husband insisted we sit outside so as not to miss any photo opportunities. After a long day of hop-on-hop-off vaporettos, I decided we should sit separately, with me sitting cozily inside.

Photos by Richard Schear, February, 2013


11 comments:

Dimple said...

Yes, you should sit cozily. Being cold takes the enjoyment out of almost everything!

Blessings to you, Richard, and Lindy!

Kay said...

I would sit on the inside too and yes, Art would be right out on the deck.

diane b said...

Great collection of reflections in the bus stops. You had the right idea to sit inside in the warm. That's where I would have been.

dianasfaria.com said...

wow! Venice! I love Italy. I bet you had a great time, cold or not.
: )

Anunoy Samanta said...

Beautiful Photos Kay!
:-)

Mara said...

I like your reflections. They don't always need to be in water! Even in such a water-rich city like Venice!

Gattina said...

Beautiful reflections ! Venice is such a nice town ! I have been there several times because it's not that far from the Garda Lake ! But then I discover a special Venice where no tourists go. A friend of us who lives there, knows Venice like her pocket !

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

when it is cold, my scarf too covers my face. We are getting cold now, i even wear a winter jacket.

'Tsuki said...

So you found "Venetian" mirrors to catch reflections... Good idea ! And nice self-portraits...

James said...

I just got a sense of deja vu because you described the same vaporetto experience that my wife and I had in December 2011. Except it didn't take her as long to seek shelter inside while I stayed out taking pictures. :-)

I love, love, love these photos. His vaporetto reflections are way better than mine. Hat tip to hubby!

Powell River Books said...

For some reason I've never thought of Venice and snow. - Margy