Followers

Monday, October 22, 2012

Another Limerick for Open Link


I often use my Mad Kane limerick on Open Link Monday at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads because I seldom, if ever, write poetry except in response to a prompt these days. Hmm, it's hard to believe I used to write poetry in response to everything and everyone I saw, heard, or imagined, when I was young.


This week's opening line for Mad Kane's Limerick-Off is "a woman would frequently pose" which, of course, led to all kinds of men as well as more than a few women having entirely too much fun.
Madeleine always offers an alternative ("a fellow would frequently pose") but also says everything in the first line can be changed except the last word. Thanks, Madeleine!


Retired teacher, Mr. Richard Schear
© Photo by Kay Davies


a teacher would frequently pose
odd questions to which no one knows
the answers, so guesses
produced several messes
in poetry, lyrics, and prose



13 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Ha! Well this one is rather close to home for me :)

Jim said...

It's a nice limerick, Kay. Yes, it is a pitty that all the time we have for writing is done mostly for prompts.
But then on our own we wouldn't be getting nearly so many of those desired comments.
..

Unknown said...

Kay, your limerick is so apt to the school setting, familiar to most at one time or another.:)

Friko said...

A very superior limerick you have produced. The “there was a . . . “ variety are much less inventive.

Mary said...

What fun!

kaykuala said...

Chuckles, Kay! It's so refreshing with one's own prompt. I like limericks. There's elements of wit that makes it interesting!

Hank

EG CameraGirl said...

Clever, Kay. For sure, teachers have often asked impossible questions that led to me being in a mess!

Anonymous said...

Very charming! k .

Grace said...

My hubby was a teacher so I can relate to this ~ Happy Monday ~

Ella said...

You are always clever Kay!
This one speaks volumes~
Love it!
Hope you are feeling better~(((hugs)))

jabblog said...

Excellent, Kay - top marks:-)A**

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Clever, kiddo!

Margaret said...

This is very snappy. I am "limerickless" ... I've tried, they are just not in me.