Followers

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Real Toads: the option is always an option


I'm afraid it is getting latish on Sunday afternoon, and I haven't been able to wrap my head around the poetic form offered for the Sunday mini-challenge to the online writers' group Imaginary Garden with Real Toads.
Says Kerry to her minions: “The Ballade, itself, could not be called a mini-challenge, but...(the) Dizain is a decastich, a whole poem made up of a single Ballade Supreme stanza, a 10-line stanza without an envoy.”

Right, I ought to be able to understand that, oughtn’t I? 
Sigh. Not today.
Fortunately, Kerry offered an alternative. Dear Kerry. Dear dear Kerry. I, your most mini-minded minion, thank you.
“For those who prefer the Free Verse option, your theme is "The Prince".”
Yes, thank you, thank you, Kerry!

the prince
was invited
by the Olympic committee
to attend
the opening ceremonies
and to arrive
by parachute
but he declined
so his mother
jumped instead

10 comments:

Scarlet said...

Ha..ha...how fitting for the Queen ~

Enjoyed this Kay ~

Maude Lynn said...

That was so cool, wasn't it! This is really fun!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Haha! Sorry I made it sound too complicated, Kay, but I like where the idea of "The Prince" took you.

Kenia Santos said...

ahahhaha I can totally picture Queen Elizabeth as a skydiver! <3

Pat said...

That was my favorite part of the opening ceremonies--the queen jumping out of a helicopter along with James Bond....so funny!

Fireblossom said...

The Queen should sky dive sans parachute, in my humble opinion, doing her little wave all the way down. Not a fan of hers, but always a fan of yours, Kay. :-)

Kay L. Davies said...

@ Fireblossom — Thank you, Shay dear, it is nice to know I have a fan out there somewhere.
Luv, K

Susan said...

She sure did, hurray for the stand in and hurray for the Prince!

Janine Bollée said...

LOL
Well, the two young princes went to Gymnastics, feet firmly and safely on the ground :-)
The queen is a game old bird, but being exploited these days. Scarily so at her age I feel.
aprille.me

Hannah said...

I love your humor!! Well done!