Followers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Don't get around much any more

My kitchen remodel is taking shape, and will be done soon, but not as soon as I would like (i.e. it isn't finished today).
Sorry I haven't been on my blog as much as I would like to be. Very often, the heavy-duty extension cord providing power to this end of the house is disavailable, much to my regret.
See you all when I can, friends and fans, and fans who are friends, and vice versa.

Lovely, huh? Ol lino floor, with some subfloor, broken (perhaps) dishwasher, and the table that's been serving as our countertop for two weeks. For one of those weeks, was away, visiting my family. Dick and Lindy did just fine without me and without a real kitchen.

The fridge is moving to the other side (see above) of the room, so  I will have counter space on both sides of my stove. I'll also have it on both sides of the sink. And I'll have it where the fridge opens, so I don't have to put plastic bags of Lindy's vegetables onto the stove. (I hate doing that.) Paper bags are worse, firewise, but don't smell as bad when they melt on the burners.
Bear with me, friends in the blogosphere. I'll try to make it to the computer if and when I can, if the path to my computer chair isn't blocked and/or if my computer chair isn't full of things-to-find-new-homes-for.
K

9 comments:

Unknown said...

See you when you can get to your computer..Good luck with the renovation

Andy said...

Did this a few years back. In the end it's worth it.

Daryl said...

what a mess but it will be all worth it once its done .. I know how that seems as if it might never happen but it will

Sylvia K said...

Not a fun or easy time for you, I know, but it will be worth it once it is completed!! Hang on!!!

Sylvia

Penelope Postcards said...

Whatever that is on the stove it looks delicious. Glad I was lucky enough to get a preview of what your new kitchen will look like when you were visiting. Am really looking forward to the results, as I am sure you are! :)

Joyful said...

Renovations can be so time consuming and disruptive. Even smaller ones. I hope it is all over in a flash for you and that you thoroughly enjoy the changes.

Powell River Books said...

I know it is tough getting through the process, but you are going to love the results. I know I've really enjoyed the one I did last fall. It makes cooking so much more fun. - Margy

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

Been there and feel your pain ;>)...the recent addition to our little "cottage" was nothing compared to the time we remodeled our kitchen (in our house in Oregon, years before we sold)....I heard then that if a marriage can survive a kitchen remodel, it is definitely a solid marriage! (We did, you will of course, and you will be so happy with the results!!

Leslie said...

It's always worse before it's better. But it will be worth it when your kitchen is all finished and beautiful!