Followers

Monday, January 16, 2012

For Real Toads: Madrigals and Rondelays

It is Open Link Monday for the writers' group Imaginary Garden with Real Toads and Kerry invites us to post something unspecific. It would be difficult to find anything less specific than this poem I wrote in the middle of the night, and found on the table this morning. I rather like it, even if it ain't art.



Of Days and Rondelays
*
when the soft is on the kitten
and the warm is on the dog
when the wing is on the bird
and the turtle’s on a log
*
the world is good around us
and we know the joy of life
we feel a precious calmness
far from worry, far from strife
*
the chirping toads are chorusing
celebratory ’lays
and we know the precious peaceful
of extr’ordinary days

© by Kay Davies 2012

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those days, calm and peaceful like your poem...

jabblog said...

Contentment - bliss:-)

Kerry O'Connor said...

I also love it when the world is good around us. This is so uplifting and positive. Thanks for sharing your night-time scribing.

Fireblossom said...

I'm a Toad, but I refuse to chirp! ;-)

Hannah Pratt said...

I liked this one I thought it was very nice.

hedgewitch said...

I love the first stanza--really neat images and textures. (I also love those poems you find on the table in the morning. Always feels like you've been given a present.)

Margaret said...

when the soft is on the kitten
and the warm is on the dog

Awe... what a wonderful phrase....

Abin Chakraborty said...

long may you nurture this precious calm and joyousness.

Scarlet said...

I love those peaceful days too ~

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love it - extraordinary days. Yes!!

Mary Ann Potter said...

Ahhh. A day without upside-down-ness! A lovely respite from the strangeness of the world. Beautiful.