Followers

Friday, January 20, 2012

Another one from my friend

© Maryann Brown photo

This mixture of golden reflections and shapely shadows comes from my friend Maryann, a Californian now living on the beautiful Oregon coast. She spent Christmas in California with her children and grandchildren, and couldn't resist capturing this cell-phone shot of the sun's rays bouncing off windows and onto a parking lot in Santa Rosa. A golden gift for Christmas, for her to share with me, and I with you.

Posted for
Weekend Reflections hosted by James in California. Thanks, James!
and
Shadow Shot Sunday 2 hosted by the new team of shadow-hunters. Thanks, team!

Special thanks to Maryann, who has joined me on Weekend Reflections before.

11 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Really interesting shot!

Kim, USA said...

Beautiful reflection and shadow.

Reflection

Margaret Gosden said...

That's a great shadow shot! I have never had a street
crossing do that for me!

Unknown said...

What a great mix of shadows and reflections.

Fireblossom said...

They look like those chalk line drawings!

Gattina said...

Combines both themes perfectly !

Cezar and Léia said...

Wow, very original and well spotted! A piece of art!
God bless you!
Cezar

Dianne said...

wow!! it's like another dimension has been discovered
your friend took a great shot
thanks for sharing

kaykuala said...

Great shadow effects!

Hank

Carola Bartz said...

Ah, Santa Rosa. A very good place to live. I actually think I know this parking lot - I'm there several times a week (the little post office that I prefer to the main one is located in one of the buildings at the back, on the other side of the mall).

Zenserly said...

golden and beautiful indeed, that you so much for sharing,