Followers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thursday Theme Song: Walkin' my...



© Photo by Maria Davies

Gee but it’s great never stayin’ out late
Walking my Lindy back home
Arm in arm over meadow and farm
Walking my Lindy back home.
I go along trying to think of a song,
While Lindy hopes to find a bone
Bluejays go by and they give us the eye
Walking my Lindy back home.
We stop for a breath and she rolls on her back
So I can rub her on her chest
I give her a pet, and that’s when I get
Her golden hairs all over my vest.
After I try to brush them away
She is all covered in leaves
I brush her then we continue again
Walking my Lindy back home!


Song suggested by my husband Richard Schear and my brother Clint Davies. Photograph of Dick and Lindy by Clint's wife Maria, lyrics parodied by Kay Davies with no help from the dog whatsoever,

and posted for Hootin' Anni's musical meme,
Thursday Theme Song

To see other pictures and hear other songs, please click

18 comments:

jabblog said...

Great fun, Kay! I'm sure Lindy would approve - and now I'll be singing that song all night:-)

Phillip said...

Hi Kay,
Nice song. No, I didn't mind your teasing. I must say I don't think I would survive one of your winters. Ours is just right for me!

Jo said...

Oh what a lovely song about walking darling Lindy. (((hugs))) Jo

Anonymous said...

OMG I'm so glad that you put the link for the YouTube. I hadn't heard this and love this song and that photo to go with it is just magnificent. Now every day when I walk Nalu I'm going to be thinking of this. Well done.

Kay L. Davies said...

@ Thom
I'm glad you like the song. I love Nat King Cole's voice, but I really did wonder if the song might be too old for some people to recognize, then I thought, "What's not to like about Nat King Cole?"
— K

Mr Puddy said...

Love the song, Kay
and MOL..I guess this is the first time I saw Lindy cute butt..heh..heh..heh

xoxo

PS : Kay did you know Luna made a beautiful collaged card for Lindy, She will love it. It' s so beautiful

SquirrelQueen said...

What a lovely song for Lindy. I didn't remember it until I played the video, hearing Nat King Cole's voice brought it all back.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Great post Kay, That Lindy is one lucky dog to have such fine parents!

My Mind's Eye said...

Kay what a great rendition of this song for your special girl.
Tell Lindy and her walker we thank them for their participation
Madi and Mom

Hootin Anni said...

Excellent....In my mind, I am walking with the beat...just shufflin' along, enjoying myself.

NORM!!!!

Misty DawnS said...

Love this! What a wonderful post!

Lighthousegal said...

Lovely dog and a great song too.

EG CameraGirl said...

Lindy is one very lucky dog, I can see that! :)

Phil Slade said...

I think you call verse that "artistic license" Kay. But it's good fun and gave me a smile tonight. I paid a visit to Lynette's blog and saw the gull chicks. So glad you enjoyed them and as I explained to Lynette they aren't everyone's cup of tea over here (me excluded of course).

Lynette Killam said...

I love this, Kay..you did a great job reworking those lyrics! Of course, I'm singing along with it now, and probably will be all evening. You know what it's like when you get a song stuck in your head...LOL!

Lynette

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

we had walking dogs when we were young, these dogs never needed to be walked.

Mara said...

I think that very last line was a bit unfair on Lindy: after all, she seems to be the main inspiration of the song! Then again, if it had been up to her, it would probably only have contained barks and woofs!!

diane b said...

Great pic, great song.