Followers

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Succinctly yours — renegade

THE  RENEGADE

The others always went in together, but Mya was the renegade of the group. The others would be out past their knees when she came running down the beach toward them. By the time they were up to their waists in the water, worrying about the waves, she would be swimming past them, worrying about nothing.

(56 words)

Grandma of
Grandma's Goulash
hosts a weekly meme called
Succinctly
Yours
wherein she asks a question:
"How low can you go?"

Use the photo, provided, as inspiration for a story of 140 characters OR 140 words, she tells us. It doesn’t have to be exactly 140, just not more.
Want more challenge? Use the word of the week in your story. This part is optional, she reminds us. The word this week is renegade.
To see how Grandma's photo inspired other writer-bloggers, please click HERE!

16 comments:

Helen said...

She knows the best way to get into the water is to do it in one big rush !

You captured the image in the picture nicely.

cieldequimper said...

;-) Excellent!

And oh to just dive in! :-)

Misty DawnS said...

Fantastic! You are definitely creative!

Kay said...

Just perfect, Kay!

Dianne said...

Very creative Kay - I can identify with Myra.

Jim said...

Wonderful, Kay!
The beginning of GIRL POWER!
..

SquirrelQueen said...

What a little renegade! Your story is a perfect fit for the photo Kay.

Susan Fobes said...

You did a word count-and it's good! I'm so used to the character thing that I don't even try the word story. Maybe I should...

Lynette Killam said...

I love your spunky girl, Kay! That's the approach I take to water - just leap in and do it!

A great write for the prompt...:)

Lynette

Pat said...

Maya is certainly a determined renegade. Steadily she catches up and passes the others, kind of like the tortoise passing the hare. Well done, Kay!

Akelamalu said...

Go Mya, go! :)

Elaine said...

Well done. Good one Kay!

SparkleFarkel said...

Mya's carefree attitude is so inspiring: I shall put my hands in the air and not worry about today's waves! (Thanks!)

P.S. RATS! I can't seem to make a connection with the Linky Tool, so here's my link. Come pay me a Succintly Yours visit?

sparkle-soup.blogspot.com/2011/07/crispy-critters.html

Thank you!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Wish I was more like Mya. Alas, I'm one of the slow pokes taking it one little step at a time. Nice MF!

Grandma's Goulash said...

I'm with Mya - a quick immersion is the only way to do it. Our temps have been over 100F for three days now and I am more then ready for a swim. :D A perfect take on this weeks pic.

SJerZGirl said...

Mya sounds like quite the little fire-cracker.