Followers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Succinctly Yours: nothing arbitrary



Although the tools were old and the place lit only by a lantern, there was nothing arbitrary about the way Dad arranged his workshop.
(133 characters)





Posted for 
Succinctly
Yours
at Grandma’s Goulash.






Every week, Grandma asks: “How low can you go? 



"Use this photo as inspiration for a story of 140 characters,” she says, “or 140 words. It doesn’t have to be exactly 140, just not more. Want more challenge? Use the word of the week in your story.” (This part is optional. This week's word is arbitrary.)

How does Grandma come up with the weekly word? She doesn’t. Her daughter, who has not looked at the picture, suggests the word, which makes it more fun for everyone.
To see how other writer-bloggers interpreted the photo Grandma provided,
please click HERE!

16 comments:

Sonia Lal said...

an organized mess - my room is like that! LOL

Helen said...

Ah yes, it's amazing how men can keep their workshops tidy yet leave their clothes on the floor in the bedroom!

Nice use of the word this week.

Leslie said...

you always do a great job with these...

Pat said...

I've know people like that--piles of stuff everywhere, but they know where to find every little thing. I like your take on the pic.

W.G. Cambron said...

Very good. You know mom helped out with the arrangment.

Pooch said...

Nicely done! Quite unlike my DH who is a true clutter person!
:)

SJerZGirl said...

I like that it's old tools. The image and your story fit well.

Susan Fobes said...

I think his tidy is my messy. Good one!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Creativity is high in a mess like this! Great little micro!

anthonynorth said...

I've noticed this often. One person's disorder is another's order. Nice one.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

We thought along similar lines this week. Great minds. LOL

jabblog said...

Well done! I'm always amazed at the neatness of some men's work spaces/sheds/garages - not my husband, sadly;-/

Lynette Killam said...

Great job, Kay! It made me think of your father, the author and fisherman. I picture how his space might have been, with rods and tackle neatly arranged and ready to go at a moment's notice!

And thank you for the lovely birthday wishes you left on my page. I'm sure that shared ability to delight in small things is what helps bond us as friends...LOL!

Have a glorious week,
Lynette

Grandma's Goulash said...

Lovely microfiction. This photo reminded me of my own father's workshop. I suppose this was the ancestor of today's "man cave".

Akelamalu said...

He knows where everything is I bet!

Elaine said...

It looks very well organised doesn't it? It looks like he just stepped out in the middle of a job - for lunch maybe.