Followers

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Succinctly yours: can't proliferate

You can’t proliferate in Detroit City,
Photo supplied by Grandma's Goulash
Iguana, go home,
Iguana, go home,
Oh, please, iguana, go home.

139 characters, 29 words,
including YouTube link.


Posted for
Succinctly Yours
hosted every week by Grandma's Goulash, in which Grandma asks us: "How low can you go?"
Well, maybe not as low as that iguana, but I did my best. The "rules" state: 140 characters or 140 words, and using the word of the week is optional. This week's word is "proliferate"!

To see how the same photo inspired other writer-bloggers, please click

17 comments:

jabblog said...

This is inspired, Kay! I love it - and thank you for the link:-)

anthonynorth said...

Excellently done.

SparkleFarkel said...

This is so good that I think iguana laugh ou loud! Tee-hee-ho-ho-ho! <--There, I toad you so!

Dianne said...

Ah Kay! you've done well -that's not an easy word. I hope iguana's got the message and gone home.

Helen said...

ha haa is there a state he would be welcomed in?
(not living in the us myself)

Good use of the word of the week.

Mr Puddy said...

Dear Kay,

You play the words so well but when you say " Iguana, go home " it remind me about youtube, Tuxedo cat live with the big lizard like Iguana. And he use The lizard as a pillow..So Funny !!! ( You can check it out in my FB, Under Sparkle's Post )

I hope you have a great day, and I hope You and Dick sleep well. Purrs
xoxo

Pat said...

So funny and so clever, Kay! My husband and I enjoyed the "Bobby Bare" video and then went back and sang your SY story. Well done and thanks for the laught

Elaine said...

This one is certainly different! Well done, good MF.

Akelamalu said...

Good take on the pic and word of the week :)

Lynette Killam said...

Oh, you were in fine form with this one, Kay! Great take, although now I'll be singing "Iguana go home" all day...LOL!!

SJerZGirl said...

Very clever play on words!! Love it!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Outstanding pun! I didn't get it until I linked to the vid, and then you got a laugh out of me. Well done!

Sonia Lal said...

Well done! LOL

Jim Swindle said...

Hilarious.

Pooch said...

Cute-cute-cute! Love your fun idea!
:)

Susan Fobes said...

Something tells me you may not be a fan of lizards... LOL!

Grandma's Goulash said...

A delightful and creative leap that makes a wonderful mf. I fear I'll be singing "Iguana Go Home" for the rest of the evening. lol