Followers

Monday, July 11, 2011

My World was in a few places for a few weeks


The Netherlands
March, 2011
Ten days aboard the Viking Pride, with Viking River Cruises.
Left, Hoorn.
Right, Kinderdijk.




Belgium

Left, in Brugge.

Right, here I am at the Atomium in Brussels.







France

Left, Marseille.


Right, Paris.













April, 2011
The south of France
We rented a condo at Malibu Village (right) in Canet-en-Roussillon. For day-trips we took a bus to Perpignan train station.
From our bus stop (above), we could see Mount Canigou in the Pyrenees.



In the very south of France, we visited Collioure, where the artist Matisse found inspiration.







© Photos by Kay Davies and Richard Schear    





Switzerland
Left and right, St. Moritz, the terminus for the Glacier Express train.

Posted for
My World Tuesday
To see other worlds on our planet,
click HERE!

18 comments:

Margaret Duarte said...

What a nice trip that must have been. So much beauty kept alive in pictures to share with your grateful followers.

S K Ditta said...

Coming to your blog and looking at these pictures is like, waking up each day to a beautiful, new scenery. Thanks for sharing your travels with us!

Mr Puddy said...

OMC !!! Kay, My mom is so jealous !!! What a great life !!!
and we love your photos every single trip !
All wonderful !!! and we love to see Happy Kay : )
xoxo

Jim said...

Great collection.

Kay said...

That looks wonderful, Kay! You sure did see a lot! AND you got to see Wil! That's so fabulous!

Indrani said...

Each place has its own charm. Lovely shots.

dianasfaria.com said...

ahh, the very south of France-that sounds absolutely lovely.
You certainly do get around Kay!

Sylvia K said...

And what a marvelous, colorful, delightful world it is, Kay! I think it's wonderful that you are able to expand your world through your travels and your photos are terrific! Hope your week is off to a good start! Enjoy!

Sylvia

SquirrelQueen said...

Kay you have visited the most wonderful places this year. While I enjoy seeing all the different cities I just love that photo from Switzerland.

jabblog said...

So many lovely photos of so many lovely places - wonderful:-)

Cezar and Léia said...

wow Kay, amazing composition for this post, I love your idea and all pictures are beautiful!
A trip of dreams!
Hugs
Léia

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots of distinctive places.

Gattina said...

That was really a nice trip ! What nice weather we had under the Atomium ! and it was in April ! that will go into history, lol !

Anonymous said...

What a great trip!

Francisca said...

Okay, Kay, so this was the fastest tour of Europe I've ever taken! :-D Terrific places, all of them, and love your smile!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love to travel and would be so delighted to see some of the places that you've recently visited! Your photos are wonderful!

KaHolly said...

Hi, Kay, I'm glad you are posting about your trip and doing such a good job! It's probably the only way I'll ever get there!!! ~karen

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I'm so grateful for my Google REader, which lets me know how many beautiful posts I've missed and lets me easily drop by. I love your travelogs, it would have been such a shame to have missed this great post.