Followers

Monday, July 25, 2011

Mellow yellow hearts in flowers

I love the yellow hearts of the flowers in my garden. While one or two of my Explorer Roses (above) were still looking halfway presentable, and my Mock Orange bush (below) was still in bloom, I dragged Dick and his camera outside to take some photos for me. I wish you could smell my mock orange. It is almost as beautiful as the perfume of a real orange blossom. Wonderful!
 Posted for Mellow Yellow Monday, hosted
each week by Drowsey Monkey.

To see other mellow yellows from around the world, please click

© Photos by Richard Schear    

8 comments:

Jo said...

Oh how I miss the Mock Orange and its delightful perfume, Kay. What a clever way to show mellow yellow. Have a great day, blessings, Jo

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

love the color of mellow yellow.
wow.

Sylvia K said...

Gorgeous flowers, love the soft colors and what great captures for the day!! Hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Kay said...

Very lovely photos, Kay! We have mock orange bushes in Hawaii, but they really look different. The flowers and leaves are more waxy. I wonder if we are not calling them by their right name.

Lesley said...

Mock Orange reminds me of my mother. I wish I could smell it, too.

Diane said...

Really pretty. Love your yellow center! :O)

SquirrelQueen said...

The rose is absolutely gorgeous! I do see several hearts in the petals too. Love the Mock Orange blossoms.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I can almost smell the mock orange! Love both flowers -- and great noticing their hearts!