Followers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Book Blurb Friday: Typing no More


Retired reporter and now licensed private investigator, Leon MacLeod recognized the old typewriter immediately. It had been his father’s.
Looking at it, he knew his father hadn’t moved to the Hebrides in 1968, leaving his mother with three children and an infant to feed and raise alone.
He knew his father was dead. He wouldn’t have left without his typewriter.
That meant the farewell letter had been typed on the old machine, with its characteristic twisted T, by someone else.
It meant the money that came every month until the youngest child reached adulthood had come from someone else.
Who would murder his father but then provide for the widow and children?
He couldn’t ask his mother, now in a care facility with Alzheimer’s Disease.
Who else could he ask?
You will ask yourself the same question as you read Sydney Harmen’s great new novel, Typing no More.

148 words

Posted for Book Blurb Friday, in which
Lisa Ricard Claro, of Writing in the Buff, provides a picture and asks us to use it for inspiration as we imagine a book and write a back-cover blurb for it in 150 words or less.

To see how other writer-bloggers used the photo to help them write a book blurb,
please click HERE!

20 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Count me in for the mystery! You offered up a lot of interesting questions, so I know I'll be page turning all night. :)

Love the photo of your Lindy. My yellow Lab likes to sleep like that and snores up a storm. LOL

Lynette Killam said...

Oh, I do like this one, Kay! It truly deserves to be fleshed out into a full novel...so many questions to answer and mysteries to solve. Just my kind of read!

Lynette Killam said...

I just had to come back and comment that it is indeed an eerie coincidence we chose similar themes, though expanded quite differently. I do like the little twists of intrigue life weaves around us...:)

Lynn said...

Okay, now you HAVE to write the book! Just love it.

Maude Lynn said...

This would make a great book!

Sally in WA said...

Great blurb, Kay! I'd read the book based on this. :)

clairz said...

I love book recommendations. I'm adding this to my list of books to be read. Thanks!

clairz said...

Oops, silly me. There is no such book, of course. You convinced me that it was something I wanted to read, then I needed to come back and re-read your explanation of the post. Oh, well. Perhaps someone will write a mystery like this--might it be you?

Tammy said...

I love a good mystery, and this one has all the right elements. Very intriguing! Hope you write this one--I will definitely buy it!

Sandra Davies said...

Oh yes! I can see this is going to be an expensive week for BBF buys since I need to buy the first two I've looked at - so many questions that I now want to know the answer too with a sympathetic-sounding character in Leon McLeod - AND the Hebrides too

Susan Fobes said...

Wow! What a great story idea-I was drawn in immediately!

Calico Crazy said...

So many questions, you must write the whole story so we can find the answers!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh boy...this is a twisted tale of intrigue to be sure. And most definitely a keeper to read over and over.


Murder...HE Wrote

jabblog said...

This has all the hallmarks of an excellent story. Surely it can't simply be guilty conscience that's caused the anonymous donor to pay for all those years.

Gattina said...

Gosh ! when I see this typewriter ! I learned on a thing like that ! what a progress when I see on what I am typing now !!

Carola Bartz said...

I love that old dusty typewriter! Wish I would find something like that.

Dimple said...

You write the most compelling blurbs!

Joyful said...

Well done! I want to read that book ;-)

SJerZGirl said...

Unique story line. I like it! And, the protagonist is obviously one of the older children who remembers his father. I want to know more and see justice done.

Misty DawnS said...

PLEASE let me know when the rest of this story is ready for me to read! Seriously... I want more!