Followers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Book Blurb Friday: cross over the bridge


This was the bridge where it happened. Everyone knew, but they didn’t talk about it in front of Aaron and Anna. If they waited long enough, Anna would tell the boys about it herself. 
Aaron would tell Nancy or Patricia, if they teased him long enough while crossing the bridge. They knew they could persuade him.
It was always fun, getting them to tell the story. “We were very young,” Anna would say, “although not as young as you are now.”
“She was the prettiest girl in town,” Aaron would say, “although not as pretty as you are now.”
Yes, it was always fun to hear the story of how their parents had met, fallen in love, married, had some amazing adventures, and two sets of twins.
Written with wit and skill, Minnie Cooper’s new book, Cross Over the Bridge, will be available in stores on Friday.

147 words

Posted for Book Blurb Friday, the back-cover meme.
Each week, Lisa Ricard Claro of Writing in the Buff, posts a photo or picture
(today's is a photo by Christina Claro), to inspire writer-bloggers to imagine a book, then write a "blurb" about it, of no more than 150 words, which will convince readers to buy it.


To see how the prompt photo inspired others, as well as Lisa herself, please click

19 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

Oh, very interesting blurb. It sounds like there might be a little more to this story. I would have to buy it to find out.

I always love to see the names of your authors.

Cezar and Léia said...

Bonjour dear Kay,
It's a beautiful picture, I like a lot the colors and mainly the lines and shadows!Perfect shot!
Léia

Mara said...

I always want to read the books you blurb about! When are you blurbing about your own?

Rinkly Rimes said...

People are suckers for Family stories! You should make a mint from this one.

EG CameraGirl said...

Two sets of twins. Yep, that sounds like a story all right! :))

Tammy said...

Oh, what a dear book, and I could tell by the blurb alone that it's written with wit and skill... and a frolicking sense of fun! I want to read Minnie Cooper's work about how they met and fell in love, too.

Lynn said...

Yours is only the second one I've read, but it looks so far like romance is the key theme with this picture. Nice job and I'm intrigued to know more.

Susan Fobes said...

This would be a great read! Ah, romance...LOL!

Grandma's Goulash said...

This sounds like a warm and nostalgic tale. The romance could be a central theme with the novel telling the entire family story. I can envision myself getting lost in it, so I hope you ( or Minnie )are ready to write this saga!

Calico Crazy said...

There is surely more to this than meets the eye. If only I could buy it to read and find out.

Pat Wahler said...

I'm betting on a few family secrets being revealed!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

A lovely romance to curl up with on this rainy night in Georgia. If only it were a real book!

Kay L. Davies said...

@ Lisa
Thanks, Lisa, but at least Rainy Night in Georgia is a real song! Absolutely wonderful with the voice of Brook Benton.
— K

SJerZGirl said...

I have to admit that my first thought about what "it" was something other than you'd written. LOL But, I like it - light-hearted and nostalgic. A very nice read ahead.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

did something drastic happen on the bridge. I watch CSI, SVU everyday.

Kay said...

I'm always so amazed by your creativity, Kay! This is great!

Misty DawnS said...

When I first read "Everyone knew, but they didn't talk about it in front of Aaron and Anna.", I was immediately intrigued.

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful perspective!

Sioux Roslawski said...

I'm with Misty Dawn. The first sentence hooked me. This would be a story that would both entertain and intrigue me.