Followers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

ABC Wednesday: Y is for Yucatan

© Photo by Richard Schear.

© Photo by Clint Davies.
In January, 2010, Dick and I went to the Mayan Riviera with my brother Clint and his wife Maria. One of our side trips was to the Mexican state of Yucatan to visit the Mayan city at Chichen Itza. If I look less than enthusiastic (or downright miserable) here, it is because my back was hurting. I wasn't prepared for Clint to take my picture, or I'd have smiled because I was very happy to be there.



© Photo by Richard Schear.





Clint's irrepressible enthusiasm, however, more than made up for my missing smile.

Posted for
ABC
Wednesday
hosted by Mrs. Nesbitt's talented team of alphabetical photo-bloggers.
To see how others have used the letter
please click HERE!





© Photo by Kay Davies.
© Photo by Clint Davies.
Dick and Maria strolling through the ancient Mayan ruins.
© Photo by Kay Davies.

13 comments:

Francisca said...

I do know how it rips your emotions when one part of you, your heart, is full of joy while another, (I've had back issues most of my adult life), is full of pain. Yucatan is a splendid choice for Y, Kay.

Sylvia K said...

Terrific captures and what a beautiful, historical place! I love it! I've visited Chichen Itza and found it so fascinating! Great post for the Y Day! Hope your week is going well, Kay! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Wanda said...

"Stone" has it's own unique beauty. I love the tones, shades and texture in these photos.

Also love the gentlemen having fun with the camera in the foreground. Brings life to a "stone" moment.

Roger Owen Green said...

Clint kinda sorta looks like a Y too.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Jane and Chris said...

Just look at all those steps!
Jane x

Hildred said...

Wonderful that you had this trip Kay, and thank you for sharing photos of those amazing Mayan ruins. Great choice for Y

Leslie: said...

Oh Kay, I know back pain, believe me! And I'd love to climb all those stairs, too! Maybe one day I will get to go there and gaze upward, taking photos from my own lower perspective. :D

Leslie
abcw team

Reader Wil said...

Yucatan is a very impressive place that I should like to visit too. Great choice for Y.
Thanks for your visit and kind comment . I got all the information from Google, so it was quite easy to write this post, but thanks for the compliment!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots. Love that architecture.

Gattina said...

That's a place I want to go too ! It must be so interesting !

Kay said...

These are absolutely excellent shots, Kay. I love that last one most of all. I remember it so well. You KNOW what happened to me when I got almost to the top. Arrrgghhhhhh...

I am really enjoying reliving the adventure through your photos.

Lisa said...

I almost did Yucatan as well! I've been to Chichen Itza 3 times and still marvel at all the ruins and the history. In fact, I have almost the exact same shot of the pyramid! Great pictures of an amazing place. I see you have a Golden...we do too!

Joyful said...

It's terrible to be in pain as a tourist. That's brothers for ya ;-)