Followers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yes, it's all true. We were, and I did, and everything.

Yes, I posted Thursday Theme Song before ABC Wednesday.
Yes, we were in Hawaii.
And, yes, we were gone nearly three weeks, and for two of those weeks I had a sore throat, cough, headache, sore sinuses, etc., etc. They let me onto the cruise ship because I didn't have a fever. We managed to eat by our two selves for all meals but one.
Now here we are, home again and reunited with our darlin' dog, Lindy, about whom you may have heard.

Wishing all of you the very best of the holiday season wherever you are, and hoping you bear with me if I continue to post things in the wrong order until my condition improves. Many, if not all, of the upcoming photos will be from Hawaii except, perhaps, this one of Lindy. She got up onto my new recliner with her toy almost as soon as we got home today, and I didn't have the heart to tell her to get down. But I was glad I had put a slipcover on the chair, almost as soon as it got home.
I phoned our doctor as soon as we got within cell phone range of his office this afternoon, and he won't be in for a week. By then, I hope to be better.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good week!
                                                                                               Kay Davies photo

11 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It's easy to get sick at this time of year and not so easy to get better. But I hope you do. Soon. Merry Christmas.

Sylvia K said...

I know you're glad to be home and, of course, Lindy has to be delighted! I do hope you're feeling better soon! Sounds as though you have such a great trip!! Take care!

Sylvia

The Chair Speaks said...

Keep warm, take care and get well soon. Merry Christmas.

Jo said...

Kay, welcome home and bless dear Lindy for testing your new recliner! I will pray for your health to improve and for you to grab life with new vigor. I'm so glad I "met" you this year and have enjoyed our chats on blogger and via e-mail. Have a blessed Christmas. (((hugs))) Jo PS Tell Lindy I'll save her some lettuce - nice sweet, young leave. mmm.

Mara said...

Welcome home, albeit a bit under the weather. I hope you will feel better very soon. Being ill during the holidays must be as bad as being ill during a holiday to Hawaii.

By the way: my wv is prized. Would that be Lindy by any chance?

Mr Puddy said...

Poor thing,..I hope you feel better so soon

Merry Christmas Kay, Lindy and your family : )

xxxxxx
Puddy

Francisca said...

Oh dear, should've read this post before commenting on the earlier one. Never mind. You're home, save and sound. Hope soon the creaks and coughs are a thing of the past. Enjoy your Lindsay and the festivities. Will be here to see your Hawaii shots.

Francisca said...

PS. Ooops... that's Lindy... I'm SO VERY BAD with all names... :-D

Friko said...

Now that you're home you're bound to get better. Cuddle up to Lindy, she'll make you feel better too.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. have a great time.

jabblog said...

There's no place like home, there's no place like home . . .
(We watched the Wizard of Oz so many times when Susannah was little that we were almost word perfect ;-))
Be well, enjoy Christmas and have a healthy and happy 2011 :-)

Kay said...

I sure hope you're feeling a 100% better now.