Followers

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Coming some day to a bookstore near you


Dick snorkels with sea lions

My large and healthy husband has been dragging me around the world by the scruff of my neck for several years now. When he presents me with an exotic destination and an exciting itinerary, I usually demur, suggesting he should, perhaps, go without me so I don't slow him down. But he always talks me into going.
Therefore, I'm writing a book about it, in the form of a series of humorous essays, and I'm beginning to see an end to the writing.
"An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel" is not so much a travel guide as it is a study of emotions and attitudes that might be keeping us from traveling, because emotions and attitudes stop us far more often than mere physical difficulties could ever do.

No comments: